The word of the day: eudemonia. Learn all about it from my friend, Jan Morrill.
\ yoo-di-MOH-nee-uh \ , noun;
I have to say, this is one word that does not sound like its meaning. In fact, before I read the definition, I thought it was a disease. Well, what a nice disease to have.
Here’s what brings me eudemonia:
1) Genuine laughter, especially a child’s or baby’s uncontrollable giggle.
2) Joy that wags from tail to nose when my dogs welcome me home.
3) A phone call, text or email from my kids.
4) Arriving home to a dinner cooked by my husband.
5) Being with family and friends who accept me for who I am.
6) Touching someone with something I’ve written.
7) A spring day.
What brings eudemonia to your life?